APFK RATING: EASY
Fluffy and creamy to eat, perfect for all ages
What you will need:
- 2 tsp butter
- Splash of milk (or cream)
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. In a large saucepan fill with water, not too close to the top and boil.
2. Put your potatoes into the water for 20 minutes or until very tender but not falling apart.
3. Check the potatoes by poking a knife through to check how tender they are.
4. Drain the potatoes well. Start roughly mashing up the potatoes.
5. Add the butter, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mash again or beat until all combined, light and fluffy.
- Use any potatoes, sweet potatoes work well to.
- Serve with extra butter.