APFK RATING: BEGINNER
I cooked lasagne again! My host family and I were all craving a wholesome hearty meal, so I decided to do a simple lasagne. The boys are meat heads, so added some extra meat.
What you will need:
- Mince beef
- Lasagne pasta sheets
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot, 1 Celery (veg or your choice)
- 4 Slices of bacon *
- 4 Slices of salami *
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce/paste
- Red wine
- BBQ sauce
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1000g Milk
- 100g Plain flour
- 80g Butter
- 1 – 2 Pinches nutmeg
- Grated cheddar cheese
*Your choice of quantity.
1. Prep all your veg and set aside. Always best to be prepared!
2. In a large frying pan. Drizzle some olive oil, wait a sec to heat up and then add your garlic and onion, stirring until turning brown. On a medium heat, add your mince in straight after, chopping it up into pieces with your spoon/spatula.
3. Once the meat has turned brown, add the can of tomatoes, tomato paste, veg and extra meat. Stir.
4. After you want to add all your flavour. Pour the wine in, now, I put in as much as I think is right, 100g, but it’s up to you. Add a couple squirts of BBQ sauce and 1 – 2 splashes of Worcestershire sauce. Then your seasoning. Stir well. Simmer for 20 – 30 mins on low heat.
5. In the mean time you want to make your Bechamel sauce.
In a pan add flour, butter and milk. Whisk until thickens on a medium heat. Then set it aside ready for the assembly.
6. Oven 180C. Lightly grease a casserole/lasagne dish.
First cover base of dish with a thin layer of meat sauce. Place a layer of pasta sheets over the sauce, cover with Bechamel sauce and then sprinkle cheese on top. Repeat the layering process until all ingredients are used. Finish with a layer of Bechamel sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Add dots with small pieces of butter.
7. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
8. Allow the lasagne to cool for 10 mins before serving.
- Serve with extra veg or salad. With some garlic bread mmmm!
- Add lots of cheese, melted cheese is the best. You can use parmesan instead.