APFK RATING: EASY
With fresh strawberries this dessert is so refreshing and creamy.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 egg white
1. Blend the strawberries and icing sugar into a pulp. Transfer into a bowl.
2. Combine the water and gelatine in a small heat proof jug. Half-fill a small saucepan with water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stand jug in summering water until gelatine dissolves and liquid becomes clear. Allow to cool to room temp.
3. Add the strawberries. Mix well. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 – 45 mins, just before it starts to set.
4. Add 2 tbsp of sour cream to strawberry mixture. Whisk gently until well combined. Fold through remaining sour cream.
5. Using the electric mixer, in a small bowl beat the egg whites to soft peak. Then fold through strawberry mixture until well combined.
6. Spoon mousse into cups or ramekins. Cover each with cling film and refrigerate for 4 hours, until set.
Tips: Keep an eye on the mixtures when they are refrigerating.