APFK RATING: EASY
The new banana bread.
What you will need:
- 300g Self-raising flour
- 220g Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Butter, melted
- 125ml coconut milk
- 130g chopped strawberries, leave some to decorate
- 75g Strawberries finely chopped
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 125g butter
- 240g icing sugar
1. Oven to 180C. Grease and line of a loaf pan with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
2.Place the flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl whisk together the banana, butter, egg and coconut milk until blended.
3. Add the eggs mixture and chopped strawberries into to the flour mixture, stir to combine.
4. Pour all of it into the prepared pan. I layered the strawberries on top as I poured. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. Meanwhile, making the strawberry buttercream, put the strawberries and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 mins, until sugar is dissolves. Then cook for 1 min, until mixture thickens slightly. Set aside to cool.
6.Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a bowl until the pale. Slowly and gradually add the icing sugar, beating well.
7. Beat in the strawberry mixture.
8. Once the bread is cooked, take it out of the oven and set aside on a wire rack to cool.
9. Spread the strawberry buttercream over the top of the banana bread. Decorate the top with chopped strawberries.
10. Serve. Best with a cup of tea or coffee.
Tips: Be patient with the bread to cool before spreading the icing on top, I rushed mine so the icing started to melt. It tastes so good!