APFK RATING: EASY/BEGINNER
What you will need:
- Spaghetti pasta (quantity depending on how many people)
- 1/2 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Mince meat
- Veg (of your choice) *
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- Splash of red wine
- Tomato sauce/puree
- Splash of Worcestershire
- Pinch of salt & pepper
*added veg so that the children will eat it. Blended/chopped.
1.Prepare your vegetables if using them. In a large frying pan, on medium-high heat, add a sprinkle of olive oil, then your onion and garlic. Stir for a minute.
2. Add in your mince, with your spoon/spatula break up the beef as your stirring. The cook until beef turns brown.
3. Add in your vegetables, tomatoes, sauce, worcestershire and stir to blend.
4. Add in your wine and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well. Leave to simmer for 20 – 30 mins, until vegetables are cooked. Taste check.
5. In the meantime, fill a big pan with water, wait for the water to come to a boil and add your spaghetti. Add a splash of oil, so the pasta isn’t sticky.
6. Mix your pasta into your bolognese sauce.