crunchy and juicy.
What you will need:
- pork steaks (chicken breasts)
- plain flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- oil for frying
1. On one plate season the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
3. Place your bread crumbs onto another plate.
4. With a knife, trim the fat off any of the meat. If using chicken, slice in half and into even thin slices. You can use a mallet to beat these to an even thickness with some cling film over the top to protect it.
5. Coat each piece in the flour, then egg wash, lifting and letting the residue drop off, and finally coat in crumbs. Take care to press crumbs on firmly and coat each piece thoroughly. Place them on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork/chicken, flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture.
6.Heat about 2 cm of oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Shallow fry each piece for 4 -5 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Be careful of the oil spitting.
7.Drain on paper towel and serve with lemon wedges.
- Serve with potatoes; mashed, boiled or fried and with vegetables or salad.
- Get the oil really hot, it seals everything, making it crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- Great in sandwiches/rolls/wraps.