Whip together this cheap easy meal, using ingredients from the store cupboard.
What you will need:
- Penne pasta *
- 50g or 1/3 cup of butter
- 50g or 1/3 cup of plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 250g cheddar cheese
- 2 x cans tuna
- 1 can of sweet corn
- pinch of salt and pepper
*any type of pasta and quantity of your preference
1. Preheat oven 180C. Boil the pasta in a pot until cooked.
2. On low-medium heat melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, stir. Gradually stir in the milk to make a thick white sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in some of the cheese.
3. Drain your pasta, transfer into a baking dish. Pour in the white sauce, tuna and sweetcorn and mix altogether. Top with a pinch of salt and pepper and top with the rest of grated cheese.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden and starting to brown.
- I added one fillet of seabass that I needed to use up, tasted great with the tuna.
- Add vegetables for more nutrients. 1 red onion is great for extra flavour.