Don’t just make one Mexican dish, why not make two!
What you will need:
- 400g beef mince
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- can of black beans
- peppers (capsicum)
- carrots/celery *
- bbq sauce
- tomato sauce
- pinch of salt & pepper
- taco mix
*your choice to add vegetables if you prefer
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- First mix all your ingredients for your taco mix into a bowl and set aside. Prep and cut all your vegetables that you would like to have in your mince.
- In a large pan, pour a splash of olive oil over. Add the onions and garlic into the pan, stirring until golden, then add your vegetables and the can of black beans not long after. Take your mince and put it into the pan, braking it up with your spoon as you mix.
- Once the mince has turned brown, turn down the heat to low. This is where you will add your sauce and spice. First the bbq and tomato sauce, I squirted plenty enough that would satisfy the children and I, as you mix it will be slightly gooey, which is perfect, then pour in and stir your taco mix, salt and pepper. A splash of tabasco is great, however not many children love it, so that’s your choice.
Tips: Great with taco shells or cups. Add grated cheese, guacamole, salsa and sour cream on top for the tastiest dish.
- Oven 200C. Put the bag of chips (crisps) of your choice into an oven proof dish. Layering some of your mince and your grated cheese on top. Pop into the oven for 5-10 mins, until cheese has melted.
Tips: Add jalapeño’s for more spice.