Healthy and hearty, everything great for our health all in one tray.
What you will need:
- 75g quality chorizo (salami)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chicken cube stock
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (vinegar)
- 6 chicken thighs (how many you prefer)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 jacket potatoes
- 2 red onions
- 2 mixed colour peppers (capsicum)
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp of natural yoghurt
- cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp whole almonds
- 1 lemon
1.Oven 200C. Chop the chorizo/salami, peel the garlic and place both in a blender and blitz. Put the mix into a pot and crumble in the stock cube, add the vinegar, then cover with 300ml of boiling water. Give it a good whisk or use a hand blender, blitz until smooth.
2. Place the thighs in a large roasting tray. Wash all the potatoes and chop into 3 cm chunks (leaving the skins on if you want). Peel the onions, deseed the peppers, chop them into 3cm chunks and add all the veg to the tray.
3. Take over half the parsley leaves, then pour over the chorizo broth and mix it all together. Cover tightly with tin foil, then pop into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil, mix, pull the chicken up to the top to get golden, and cook for another 30 minutes, or until bubbling and the chicken and veg are cooked.
4. Meanwhile, pick the rest of the parsley leaves on to a plate. Spoon the yoghurt alongside and a few pinches of cayenne pepper, slice the almonds, squeeze of lemon with some zest and add to the plate.
5. When the traybake is ready, serve on a plate, add a spoon of yoghurt, children can have a choice.