What you will need:
- olive oil
- plain flour
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small brown onion (chopped)
- 500g beef diced/mince
- 2 tbsp gravy powder
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 carrot, 1 courgette (zucchini)
- 1 potato
- 2 tsp parsley
- 4-5 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Prep everything, blitz your veg. In a bowl add your beef with 1 tbsp of flour and mix until all covered.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring until softened. Add meat, stirring until browned.
3. Add gravy powder, barbecue sauce, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cook for 1 minute. Add your vegetables. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Simmer for 30-40 minutes on low heat.
5. Preheat oven at 200C. Grease a pie dish. Layer 1 -2 sheets of pastry onto the bottom of your dish, making sure the pastry covers the bottom and sides. Depending on the size of your dish, you will have some hanging over the sides, just trim those off to use later. Put in oven for 5 minutes, to slightly cook.
6. Take it out of the oven. Spoon in the meat filling. Place your last 1/2 sheets of pastry covering the top of the filling. Press edges of all the sheets together to seal tight. Any excess, use for decoration or to fill in the gaps. Cut two small slits on top to allow steam to escape. Brush over with egg.
7. Bake for 30 -40 minutes or until golden.
- Use 1/2 a cup of beef stock instead of gravy powder and water.
- Use as many pastry sheets as you like.
- Serve with mash and veg.