Great snack learnt from a chef. Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
What you will need:
- 2 courgettes (zucchini’s)
- bread crumbs
- 50g parmesan
- salt & pepper
- Cut your courgette into half, than half again and cut into thirds, lengthways just like chips (however you prefer).
2. Get three bowls. In one bowl pour the flour in. Crack two eggs with a splash of milk into the second. Pour your bread crumbs into the third, stirring the parmesan with a pinch of salt and pepper for seasoning.
3. One at a time, dip and cover each courgette into the flour to start.
4. Drop into the egg bowl, and lift, waiting for any residue to drop off. For less of a mess, use one hand for the egg bowl and one for the bread mix bowl.
5. Then into the crumb mixture.
6. Making sure it’s well covered.
7. After, I repeated by dipping the covered courgette, dropping it back into the egg and then into the bread mix again (Own option, I do it for a crunchy texture).
8. In a deep saucepan, cover with oil, deep enough for the courgette to be covered. Wait a few secs for the oil to get hot. Drop the courgette’s in. If you have a set of tongs this is great, or anything that is easy for you to flip the courgettes around. Fry until golden brown.
Or, Preheat the oven at 220C, line a baking tray with baking paper and cook for 12-15 mins.
- Let it rest before serving to the children.
- Best served with aioli or yoghurt. Yum Yum!