Get some power and energy back in you. Children will love them, won’t guess what’s inside.
What you will need:
- 70 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g whole almonds
- 80 g Medjool dates (destoned)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped teaspoon quality cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon manuka honey
- 1 orange or lemon juice
- shredded coconut
- Blitz the pumpkin seeds, almonds and dates and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add the turmeric, cinnamon, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
- Blitz again until finely ground, then add the vanilla, honey and half the juice.
- Blitz for another 1-2 mins, stopping to scrape down the sides and adding some juice, only if needed to blend. Takes a while for it to combine.
- With wet hands, divide and roll into balls (any size, any quantity). Dropping them into a bowl of shredded coconut.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tips: Try different nuts out. You could also coat the balls with the blended nuts that were blitzed at the beginning, if you prefer.